Wednesday, March 21, 2012

From Canada to Afghanistan to China and Back Again.

Here's me giving out about how I ended up writing a book about Afghanistan, the implications for that poor bedraggled country in light of recent and radical policy shifts in Washington, the manipulations of the Pakistani ISI and its ramped-up collaborations with the regime in Beijing, right round to Canada's weird new "gateway to prosperity" in China, via bitumen pipelines and oil tankers. At the Fraser Institute of all places:

2 Comments:

Blogger Floris said...

Nice talk, Terry. I finished Come From the Shadows two days ago and found this video yesterday, looking for more after finishing the book much too quickly.

Many thanks for writing this. For a long time now I've felt frustrated arguing with friends about the mission in Afganistan because I was missing the kind of detailed stories you tell about real people there.
I'm going to lend my copy to and American friend today and hopefully spread the world a little.

Long time reader of the blog too, even if I never comment. Keep it up!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Terry Glavin said...

Thanks, Floris.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home